Addiction is a mental health disease with varying symptoms specific to the individual and their unique upbringing. Dialectical behavior therapy in Massachusetts is a proven technique for helping men and women struggling with addiction and any co-occurring mental health disorder such as depression or borderline personality disorder. Dialectical behavior therapy is just one aspect of the therapy options available through addiction treatment therapy programs.
At Vertava Health Massachusets, our dialectical behavior therapy program (DBT) in Massachusetts helps patients recover from addiction with less chance of relapse. When combined with other forms of therapy, patients better understand what is driving their addiction and develop coping skills to maintain their sobriety. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction or other mental health disorders, call 888.655.0289 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff about our dialectical behavior therapy treatment in Massachusetts.
What Is Dialectical Behavior Therapy?
Dialectical behavior therapy, or DBT, is a form of cognitive-behavioral therapy designed initially to treat borderline personality disorders in the late 1980s. Therapists quickly discovered how beneficial DBT is in treating other mental health disorders. It is very beneficial in treating patients with a substance use disorder and co-occurring mental health disorder.
Dialectical behavior therapy is beneficial in treating:
- Substance use disorder
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Major depressive disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Suicidal behaviors
At Vertava Health Massachusetts, our mission is to help men and women recover from substance use disorder and any underlying mental health disorder fueling their addiction. Patients work with therapists and peers to develop and practice coping skills that they will use throughout their lives to maintain their sobriety.
Benefits of a Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program (DBT) in Massachusetts
Dialectical therapy treatment in Massachusetts is beneficial in helping patients change their negative thinking and behaviors. Several well-controlled, randomized studies prove the effectiveness of DBT for treating substance use disorders and other mental health issues.
The benefits of a dialectical behavior therapy program (DBT) in Massachusetts include:
- Learning to accept and change–The first step in recovery is admitting you need help and learning to accept that change is possible. DBT helps patients discover their inner strength and ability to change their negative habits.
- Improved cognitive function–Therapists help patients recognize their negative thinking and how it affects their behavior. They learn how to change their thinking before they trigger any destructive behavior.
- Changing negative behaviors–Patients learn to recognize destructive behaviors and create new patterns of behavior to replace the negative ones.
- Improved communication skills–Patients learn to effectively communicate their feelings and cope with them in a healthy manner. Patients practice their communication skills in group therapy to gain more confidence in their abilities.
- Develop new coping skills–Therapists work with patients one-on-one to develop coping skills that work best to maintain their sobriety. They practice these skills in a safe and encouraging environment during group therapy.
- Gain a strong support network–To help you maintain your sobriety and new healthy lifestyle, the friends you gain during therapy will become a part of your support network once your addiction treatment program ends. Along with family members, they will be there whenever you need help to keep you from relapsing.
Choose Vertava Health – Massachusetts for Effective Addiction Treatment Through Dialectical Behavior Therapy in Massachusetts
At Vertava Health Massachusetts, our dialectical behavior therapy treatment in Massachusetts has helped hundreds of patients recover from addiction and maintain their sobriety through continuing outpatient treatment. We offer several types of addiction treatment therapy programs to help with your substance use disorder, including:
- Detox program
- Inpatient/Residential treatment
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Co-occurring disorder treatment
Call 888.655.0289 today to speak with our compassionate staff to learn more about our dialectical behavior therapy in Massachusetts.