There are many ways to treat substance use disorders that are highly effective in helping patients struggling with addiction. Individual therapy for addiction treatment helps patients better understand their addiction and the behaviors or social situations that trigger their cravings. Individual therapy is a necessary part of addiction treatment therapy programs for men and women who want to enroll in an individual therapy program in Massachusetts.
At Vertava Health Massachusetts, we provide compassionate psychotherapy in Massachusetts for men and women struggling with addiction. Our addiction treatment therapy programs include various types of behavioral therapy and medication-assisted treatment for a more effective recovery. To learn more about our individual therapy for addiction treatment and how it can benefit you or a loved one, call 888.655.0289 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff for more information about our individual counseling center in Massachusetts.
How Can Individual Therapy for Addiction Treatment Help?
Addiction can make some people feel embarrassed that they need help. They grow up believing that talking about their problems is shameful, and addiction will reinforce these beliefs to keep them abusing their substance of choice. Individual therapy can benefit patients understanding of the value of therapy and allow patients and therapists to build trust and a rapport. This trust will make it easier for patients to be honest with their therapist and gain better insight into their addiction.
During your individual therapy program in Massachusetts, therapists will work with the patient to help them discover the underlying cause of their addiction and why they are more susceptible to addiction than their friends. Several things can lead to addiction, including:
- Taking opioids for pain after an accident or surgery and taking more than prescribed for the euphoric feeling
- Social drinking or drug use
- Micro-dosing stimulants to keep up with work or school
- Coping with unresolved feelings from trauma or depression
- Using illicit drugs like meth or heroin after opioid prescriptions runs out
At Vertava Health Massachusetts, we provide effective psychotherapy in Massachusetts for men and women struggling with addiction. We use evidence-backed behavioral therapy in group and individual settings along with medication-assisted treatment to give patients a better chance at maintaining their sobriety with a lower risk of relapsing.
What to Expect from an Individual Counseling Program in Massachusetts
When you first arrive at an addiction treatment facility, therapists and medical staff will evaluate your physical and mental health and the severity of your addiction. From this information, they will create an effective addiction treatment therapy program to treat the physical and mental aspects of your addiction.
Here is what you can expect from your Individual therapy for addiction treatment:
- Improved communication skills – Therapists assist patients in developing their communication skills to effectively talk about their feelings instead of hiding from them. They learn that it is OK to talk about their problems and see how beneficial it can be to their recovery and mental wellbeing.
- Become more self-aware – Patients discover any underlying issues fueling their addiction, such as PTSD, bipolar disorder, or other mental health issues. Therapists guide patients toward seeing how their negative thoughts reinforce their addiction and help them create new thinking patterns to stop their triggers before they begin.
- Create healthy coping skills – Once patients better understand their addiction and negative habits, they can begin forming new coping skills to help them maintain their sobriety at home and in social settings. Therapists design coping skills based on the patient’s individual symptoms and the severity of the addiction.
Choose Vertava Health – Massachusetts for Compassionate Individual Therapy for Addiction Treatment
At Vertava Health Massachusetts, our individual counseling program in Massachusetts gives patients the best chance at leading a sober and productive life. Our addiction treatment therapy programs can treat all forms of addiction, including:
- Alcohol addiction
- Prescription medication addiction
- Cocaine addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Morphine addiction
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and are ready to make a positive change, call 888.655.0289 today to learn more about our individual counseling center in Massachusetts.