Depression and addiction treatment in Massachusetts is available to men and women who struggle with depression and have developed a co-occurring substance use disorder. Depression affects over 21 million men and women over the age of 18 in the U.S. While most people will only experience mild symptoms for a few days or weeks, others can have more severe symptoms last for several months to years. The longer someone suffers from depression and does not seek mental health support, the more likely they will develop a substance use disorder and need co-occurring disorder treatment.
At Vertava Health Massachusetts, our dual diagnosis treatment in Massachusetts has saved hundreds of men and women who struggle with depression and addiction. We employ a wide range of therapies and treatment programs to benefit our patients through residential and outpatient programs. If you or a loved one is struggling with depression and substance abuse and ready to make a positive change, call 888.655.0289 today to see how our depression and addiction treatment in Massachusetts can benefit your recovery.
Why Depression and Substance Abuse Should Be Treated at the Same Time
Dual diagnosis treatment centers in MA are essential for men and women struggling with substance use disorder and a co-occurring mental health illness such as depression. Addiction treatment can fail if the patient is unaware of any underlying mental health condition, and the treatment center they go to only focuses on the physical aspect of addiction and not the mental. This creates an unsafe scenario where the person is more likely to relapse as the main reason for their addiction is not addressed.
Symptoms of depression that dual diagnosis treatment centers in MA can treat include:
- Continuously feeling sad or hopelessness
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Losing interest in favorite activities
- Irritability and irrational mood swings
- Obsession over death or suicidal thoughts
At Vertava Health Massachusetts, we provide compassionate and effective care through our depression and addiction rehab in Massachusetts. Our team of therapists and medical staff will create a custom treatment plan to give you a more effective recovery that simultaneously addresses your depression and substance abuse.
The Advantages of Enrolling in a Depression and Addiction Treatment Center in Massachusetts
When you enter a depression and addiction treatment center in Massachusetts, you take the first step toward recovery and leading a sober and productive life. You also greatly reduce your risk of relapsing and have a better chance of reaching your goals.
Some of the advantages of depression and addiction rehab in Massachusetts include:
- Gain a better understanding of addiction and how it affects you physically and mentally.
- Learn how to cope with your depression or other co-occurring mental health disorder in a healthy manner.
- Discover what is triggering your addiction and create coping skills to help you maintain your sobriety.
- Work on improving communication skills and learn that it is OK to talk about your feelings.
- Practicing coping skills in group therapy to build their confidence and self-esteem.
- Holistic treatment to better understand oneself.
- An extensive network of sober friends to rely on for support whenever necessary.
- Continual outpatient support for as long as you need.
Vertava Health – Massachusetts: Your Best Resource for Depression and Addiction Treatment in Massachusetts
At Vertava Health Massachusetts, our dual diagnosis treatment in Massachusetts is ideal for men and women who struggle with depression and substance abuse. We treat each disorder simultaneously and help patients develop and practice their coping skills in a safe and encouraging environment. If you are ready to make a positive change in your life, call 888.655.0289 today to learn more about our depression and addiction treatment in Massachusetts.